The Davis Family Foundation will only accept applications submitted through our online grant system. Organizations that have submitted their most recent proposal using the previous paper application process (prior to August, 2018) are considered "New Users" for the online application system.
- Returning users: enter the appropriate email address and password for your organization's account.
- New users: establish an account; when you establish an account, an automated email will be sent to you with your account password. We strongly recommend that each organization establish only one account, which will allow access to all applications, reports, and drafts in one location. Be sure to use an email address that is monitored and that a record of that email address and password is kept. Many organizations use their [email protected] email address.
- Please note, if you if you have applied online to the Davis Conservation Foundation, you should use the same login information for the Davis Family Foundation.
- Click the "Save & Finish Later" button at the bottom of any page to save your information and exit out of the application. An email will automatically be sent to the email address associated with the account with a link to log back in and continue working. This link is how you access your in-process application. Applications will time-out after 45 minutes and any work/changes after that will be lost.
- We encourage you to cut and paste your narrative responses from a word processing application to ensure work is not lost. The Online Application Preview document to the right under "Downloads" can be used for this purpose.
- Save your work frequently as you are filling out the application.
- Click the "Next" button at the bottom of each page to move through the application. You may also click on the page title tabs at the top of the application to toggle between pages. Do not use your browser's back and forward arrows.
- The Foundation does not have access to your draft applications.
- After each deadline, any unsubmitted applications will be deleted.
- Click on the "Review My Application" tab at the top of any page to view the application in its entirety. The fields will be populated with your completed answers. You will have a final chance to review and amend your work prior to submission.
- You must click the "Submit" button on the bottom of the "Review My Application" page to complete the submission process. An email confirming your submission, including a copy of the completed application, will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your account.
Applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. on February 10, May 10, August 10, and November 10. Applications for deadlines that fall on a holiday or weekend must be received by 5:00 p.m. the next business day. The Foundation does not accept applications via email or mail.
Grant Review Process
Trustees meet in March, June, September and December to consider requests. Proposals are judged on their merits and in comparison to others received. The Foundation normally notifies applicants of the Trustees' decision within one week of each regular meeting, and applicants receiving an award may expect to receive payment within one month of notification. Organizations that receive a grant from the Foundation are required to submit completion reports online.
Please review FAQs before contacting the Program Officer or Grants Administrator.