The Davis Conservation Foundation will only accept applications submitted through our online grant system. Organizations that have submitted their most recent proposal using the previous paper application process (prior to October, 2017) are considered "New Users" for the online application system.
Step 1: Read the Guidelines and Online Application Guide before beginning an application.
Step 2: Start a new application. Regardless of whether you have an existing account (from a previous online grant round), you must use the "Click Here to Start Your Application" link below to start a new application. To return to an application in progress for the current grant round, check your email for the link sent when you last saved it.
- Returning users enter the appropriate email address and password for your organization's account.
- New users establish an account; when you establish an account, an automated email will be sent to you with your account password. We strongly reccommend that each organization establish only one account, which will allow access to all applications, reports, and drafts in one location. Be sure to use an email address that is monitored and that a record of that email address and password is kept.
- Please note, if you if you have applied online to the Davis Family Foundation, you should use the same login information for the Davis Conservation Foundation.
Tips for the Online Application
- Click the “Save & Finish Later” button at the bottom of any page to save your information and exit out of the application. An email will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your account with a link to log back in and continue working. This link is how you access your in-process application. Applications will time-out after 45 minutes and any work/changes after that will be lost.
- We encourage you to cut and paste your narrative responses from a word processing application to ensure work is not lost. The Online Application Preview document to the right under "Downloads" can be used for this purpose.
- Save your work frequently as you are filling out the application.
- Click the "Next" button at the bottom of each page to move through the application. You may also click on the page title tabs at the top of the application to toggle between pages. Do not use your browser's back and forward arrows.
- The Foundation does not have access to your draft applications.
- After each deadline, any un-submitted applications will be deleted.
To Submit Your Application
- Click on the "Review My Application" tab at the top of any page to view the application in its entirety. The field will be populated with your completed answers. You will have a final chance to review and amend your work prior to submission.
- You must click the “Submit” button on the bottom of the "Review My Application" page to complete the submission process. An email confirming your submission, including a copy of the completed application, will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your account.
- The Foundation does not see your application until it is submitted.
Applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. on April 10 and October 10. Applications for deadlines that fall on a holiday or weekend must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the next business day. The Foundation does not accept applications via email or mail.
Grant Review Process
Trustees meet in May and November to consider requests. Proposals are judged on their merits and in comparison to others received. The Foundation normally notifies applicants of the Trustees’ decision within one week of each regular meeting, and applicants receiving grants may expect to receive payment within a month of notification. Organizations that receive grants from the Foundation are required to submit completion reports online.
Please review FAQ’s before contacting the Program Officer or Grants Administrator.