The Davis Conservation Foundation has implemented a new online application starting with the October 10, 2017 deadline. We will only accept applications submitted through our online grant system. Organizations that have submitted a proposal using the previous paper application process are considered "New Users" for the new online application system.
Please be sure to review the Guidelines before beginning an application.
Regardless of whether you have an existing account (from a previous online grant round), you must use the "Click Here to Start Your Application" link with each new request.
- Returning online users will enter the appropriate email address and password for their organization's account.
- New users will establish an account and password. When you establish an account, an automated email will be sent to you with your account password.
- Please note, if you if you have applied online to the Davis Family Foundation, you should use that login information for the Davis Conservation Foundation.
We strongly recommend that each organization establish only one account, and use that same account for every application. This will allow access to all applications, reports, and drafts in one location. Be sure to use an email address that is monitored and that a record of the password is kept. Many organizations use their info@ email address.
Tips for the Online Application
- To return to an application in process for the current round, check your email for the link sent when you last saved it.
- We encourage you to cut and paste your narrative responses from a word processing application to ensure work is not lost. The Online Application Preview document to the right under "Downloads" can be used for this purpose.
- Save your work frequently as you are filling out the application.
- Click the “Save & Finish Later” button at the bottom of any page to save your information and exit out of the application. An email will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your account with a link to log back in and continue working.
- The Foundation does not have access to your drafts.
- Un-submitted applications that remain dormant for 90 days will be deleted.
To Submit Your Application
- You must click the “Submit” button on the bottom of the "Review My Application" page to complete the submission process. An email confirming your submission, including a copy of the completed application, will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your account.
- The Foundation does not see your application until it is submitted.
Applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. on April 10 and October 10. Applications for deadlines that fall on a holiday or weekend must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the next business day. The Foundation does not accept applications via email or mail.
Grant Review Process
Trustees meet in May and November to consider requests. Proposals are judged on their merits and in comparison to others received. The Foundation normally notifies applicants of the Trustees’ decision within one week of each regular meeting, and applicants receiving grants may expect to receive payment within a month of notification. Organizations that receive grants from the Foundation are required to submit completion reports online.
Please review FAQ’s before contacting the Program Officer or Grants Administrator.