The Davis Conservation Foundation has implemented a new online application starting with the October 10, 2017 deadline. We will only accept applications submitted through our online grant system. Organizations that have submitted a proposal using the previous paper application process are considered "New Users" for the new online application system.
Please be sure to review the Guidelines before beginning an application.
Regardless of whether you have an existing account (from a previous online grant round), you must use the "Click Here to Start Your Application" link with each new request.
- Returning online users will enter the appropriate email address and password for their organization's account.
- New users will establish an account and password. When you establish an account, an automated email will be sent to you with your account password.
- Please note, if you have applied online to the Davis Family Foundation you should use the same information for Davis Conservation Foundation.
We strongly recommend that each organization establish only one account, and use that same account for every application. This will allow access to all applications, reports, and drafts in one location. Be sure to use an email address that is monitored and that a record of the password is kept. Many organizations use their [email protected] email address.
Tips for the Online Application
To return to an application in process for the current round, check your email for the link sent when you last saved it.
- We encourage you to cut and paste your narrative responses from a word processing application to ensure work is not lost. The Online Application Preview document to the right under "Downloads" can be used for this purpose.
- Fields with a red asterisk are required for submission.
- Save your work frequently as you are filling out the application.
- Click the "Email Draft" link at the top of any page to share a copy of your draft application with others in your organization. Please note, the emailed draft version is not editable.
- Click the "Next" button at the top of each page to move through the application. You may also click on the page title tabs at the top of the application to toggle between pages. Do not use your browser's back and forward arrows.
- Click the “Save & Finish Later” button at the bottom of any page to save your information and exit out of the application. An email will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your account with a link to log back in and continue working.
- The Foundation does not have access to your drafts.
- After each deadline, any unsubmitted applications will be deleted.
To Submit Your Application
- Click on the "Review My Application" tab at the top of any page to view the application in its entirety. The fields will be populated with your completed answers. You will have a final chance to review and amend your work prior to submission.
- You must click the “Submit” button on the bottom of the "Review My Application" page to complete the submission process. An email confirming your submission, including a copy of the completed application, will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your account.
- The Foundation does not see your application until it is submitted.
Grant Review Process
Trustees meet in May and November to consider requests. Proposals are judged on their merits and in comparison to others received. The Foundation normally notifies applicants of the Trustees’ decision within one week of each regular meeting, and applicants receiving an award may expect to receive payment within a month of notification. Organizations that receive grants from the Foundation are required to submit completion reports online.
Please review FAQ’s before contacting the Program Officer or Grants Administrator.